Dissenting Experience: Years 2 and 3
Many thanks to all the speakers and delegates at Dissenting Experience 2nd annual conference (‘Varieties of Dissenting Expression’, 8 November 2014, Dr Williams’s Library, London) and to our institutional partners: The Institut Universitaire de France, LERMA (Aix-Marseille University), Dr Williams’s Library, Dr Williams’s Centre for Dissenting Studies and the University of Liverpool.
For the list of delegates, click here.
Special thanks to Jenna Townend (Loughborough) and her supervisor, Dr Rachel Adcock, for a very nice review of the conference on ‘My Early Modern World‘ (and sorry for the early start)!
If you are a doctoral student with an interest in Dissenting studies, don’t hesitate to get in touch and ‘register an interest’, and we will keep you informed about our activities.
The third annual conference will take place on Saturday 14 November 2015. Confirmed speakers include
- Dr Mark Burden (Portsmouth) on early Dissenting academies
- Prof. John Coffey (Leicester), ‘The problem of denominational labelling (1640-1672)’
- Prof. Jeremy Gregory (Manchester) on the Church of England
- Dr Johanna Harris (Exeter) on Puritan letters
- Dr Ariel Hessayon (Goldsmiths University of London) on the Philadelphians
- Prof. Mark Knights (Warwick) on corruption
- Dr Kate Peters (Cambridge) on the Quakers
- Dr Grant Tapsell (Oxford), ‘The View from Lambeth’